Destiny and Doom
The Harpers is a scattered network of spellcasters
and spies who advocate equality and covertly oppose
the abuse of power. The organization is benevolent,
knowledgeable, and secretive. Bards and wizards of
good alignments are commonly drawn to the Harpers.
• Gather information throughout Faerûn.
• Promote fairness and equality by covert means.
• Thwart tyrants and leaders, governments, and organizations
that grow too powerful.
• Aid the weak, poor and oppressed.
• One can never have too much information or
• Too much power leads to corruption. The abuse of
magic, in particular, must be closely monitored.
• No one should be powerless.
Harper agents are trained to act alone and rely on
their own resources. When they get into scrapes, they
don’t count on their fellow Harpers to rescue them.
Nevertheless, Harpers are dedicated to helping one
another in times of need, and friendships between
Harpers are nigh unbreakable. Masterful spies and
infiltrators, they use various guises and secret identities
to form relationships, cultivate their information
networks, and manipulate others into doing what needs
to be done. Although most Harpers prefer to operate in
the shadows, there are exceptions.
• Watcher (rank 1)
• Harpshadow (rank 2)
• Brightcandle (rank 3)
• Wise Owl (rank 4)
• High Harper (rank 5)
General Alignment: Good
Enemies: Cult of the Dragon
Faction Insignia: Pin